Performance Driving Australia 4WD courses are designed to be safe, educational and fun.
Courses can be hosted at our venues Australia wide or on-site anywhere in the world.
Performance Driving Australia can provide accredited (nationally recognised) training for industry drivers.
- Do you or your team have to operate a 4WD on gravel roads or off road?
- Can you safely negotiate rugged terrain, hazards and obstacles?
- Can you safely recover a bogged vehicle?
Performance Driving Australia 4WD Driver Training Programs can include nationally recognised units including – (RTO ACM #110084).
- RIIVEH201D – Operate Light Vehicle
- RIIVEH305E – Operate and Maintain a Four Wheel Drive Vehicle
- PMASUP236 – Operate Vehicles in the Field
Crashes on gravel roads and/or off road can be very costly, dangerous and potentially lead to serious injury or worse.
Professional, well designed 4wd training is the only solution to keep you and your drivers safe.
Our training programs have been delivered to the Australian Defence Force, Ambulance Services, Vic Roads and Roads and Martime Services NSW. Our team of trainers will work closely with you to maximise seat time while providing coaching and supervision to keep you safe.
PDA have the appropriate authority to operate in a range of areas including in NSW state forests.
Our purpose built facilities in each state also provide a great option for workplace 4WD Training.
As an employer who requires your team to operate off road – it is your responsibility and duty of care to provide adequate training in the use of these vehicles and any supplied recovery equipment.
With experience in all terrain from desert sand to snow – our team will provide your drivers with solid knowledge and skills to operate a 4wd vehicle safely off road.
Performance Driving Australia have turn-key 4WD programs for mining, oil-gas, surveying, civil construction, environmental/science projects, maritime support and recreational activities.
At the completion of the 4wd driver training program, drivers should be able to safely negotiate a range of terrain as well as engage and operate the 4wd systems correctly.
Drivers will also be able to correctly identify and operate recovery equipment safely and effectively.
4WD Driver Training programs are available for small or large groups and are usually delivered over 1 or 2 days.
Performance Driving Australia 4WD Training programs take into consideration the driving experience of every driver.
Drivers with prior experience can be assessed quickly while more time can be allocated to the drivers with little or no experience.
- Trip Planning and Journey Management
- Vehicle characteristics and limitations
- Operation of various 4WD systems
- Operating in a variety of terrain from low-range to challenging conditions
- Safe vehicle recovery techniques
- Operation with trailers (optional)