Meet the team!
Performance Driving Australia help people become safer and more knowledgeable when behind the wheel.
Our team of trainers are passionate about road safety, driving and share the common goal of reducing road trauma.
Our senior training team have Certificate IV in Workplace Assessment and Training and many of the team have other formal qualifications.
Check out a bit about them below.
Mark Butcher – Managing Director
- Driver in multiple WRC Rallies and Australian Championship Rallies
- Driver Trainer in Australia / Mongolia / Egypt / Bangladesh / Malaysia
- VIP Transport / Anti-terrorist and TV Stunt Driver
- Currently building a Hyundai WRC Replica
Nic O’Neill – General Manager
- Podium Finisher in Targa Tasmania (co-driver)
- Co-driver for various drivers including Mark Butcher / Andrew Chapman
- Soon to be doing some training with Ken Block’s co-driver
Simon Evans – Trainer / Driver
- 4 Times Australian Rally Champion and Asia Pacific Rally Champion
- Multiple wins at all levels of rallying in Australia and overseas
- Current competitor in a BFGoodrich sponsored SxS
- Passionate about driving anything and everything
Allan Roark – Trainer / Driver
- ex-Nascar (Australia) Driver
- Extensive Super Kart, Speedway and Motorcycle Racing Experience
- Will one day get the NASCAR back on the track – with the help of PDA
Warren Phillip-Clarke – Trainer / Driver / Safety Officer
- Multiple state and national level rally events as a driver and co-driver
- Ex-WA Police with extensive pursuit experience (including motorcycles)
- Warren now has a son at driving age – so fair to say he hides the keys to his race car
Owen Polanski – Trainer / Driver / Safety Officer
- Director of Australia’s largest classic rally – The Alpine Rally (Dec 2017)
- First Aid trainer and experience in large/heavy vehicle training
- Planning on doing the Otago Rally one day in New Zealand
John Caldicott – Trainer / Driver
- Outright Winner Rally Adelaide (co-driver)
- Extensive motorsport experience including open wheelers
John McCredie – Trainer / Driver / Media
- Key camera and editor for various Motorsport Events in Australia and NZ
- Class Winner in the Australian Rally Championship
- Currently selling an S13 Rally Car if anyone is interested!
Aidan Peterson – Trainer / Driver
- Class winner in many rounds of the Tasmanian Rally Championship
- PDA’s youngest trainer and team member
- Looking to step up soon into an outright category if he can land the right sponsorship deal
Steve Glenney – Trainer / Driver
- Outright winner Targa Tasmania and various wins in the Australian Rally Championship, World Time Attack, Bathurst and Rally Cross.
- Coaching many of Australia’s fastest drivers on both dirt and tarmac
- Gun for hire can get results in just about any car he drives!
Justin Herbert – Trainer
- Health and safety expert with a background in mining and civil projects
- Experienced operator in heavy vehicles and plant
- Justin will go anywhere to get a job done – recently returned from Tanzania
Eleni Mitakos – Trainer
- Founder of Galmatic – helping ladies learn about car maintenance for nearly 10 years
- Corporate Trainer with experience both in Australia and overseas
- Has had a few classic cars in the garage in the past and loves old school metal
Jess O’Dwyer – Training Assistant
- Worked at most east-coast venues providing support to the PDA Training team
- Restoring a classic VW Kombi van
Other Trainers Include
- David Waldon – TAS (Hobart)
- Anthony Shaw – TAS (Hobart)
- Stephen Mackinlay – WA (Bunbury)
- Rad Guerin – QLD (Ipswich)
- Rohan Patterson – QLD (Brisbane)
- Peter Nowell – TAS (Hobart)
Performance Driving Australia engage a small number of highly skilled, qualified trainers and are often looking for enthusiastic, professional people to join the business. Please contact Mark Butcher for more information on any opportunities that may be available.
All senior trainers must have a minimum of Certificate IV in Workplace Training and Assessment and a minimum of 5 years training experience.