Tasmania’s leading provider of Defensive Driving and 4WD Training
Performance Driving Australia design and deliver driver training programs for corporate, government and mining industry groups.
With our head office in Tasmania – we have regular programs running and a full team of trainers available for any training requirements you may have.
Our team are experienced, qualified and friendly and will work closely with you to create a team of safer drivers.
Performance Driving Australia offer public courses for Defensive Driver Training and 4WD Training in Tasmania. Please check our facebook page for updates or contact us for available dates.
Some of our Tasmanian customers include –
- Tas Alkaloids
- Tas Rail
- Australian Bureau of Statistics
- Circular Head Council
- Tas Racing
Defensive Driver Training
· A full day program delivered at one of our Tasmanian Venues (Symmons Plains, Baskerville Raceway or Wynyard Airport).
· Interactive Multi-media presentation covering a range of topics including but not limited to Trip preparation / Driver attitude and Behaviour / Vehicle safety systems / Road rules / Risk Management / Low Risk Driving Techniques / Advanced Driving Techniques
· Written Assessment
· Practical Session – Emergency braking practice on wet roads at various speeds, hazard avoidance at various speed and general vehicle handling and driving skills.
Theory program can now be completed online (optional).
Optional upgrade to include nationally recognised unit RIIVEH201D Operate Light Vehicle is available. This is recommended for drivers working in government, mining or oil-gas industries.
Advanced Driver Training
· A full day program delivered at one of our Tasmanian Venues
· Morning session focuses on Emergency Braking, Car Control and Advanced Driving Basics
· Afternoon session allows drivers to enjoy the full track at speed. We do place chicanes in certain locations to keep everyone safe – but this has little effect on the enjoyment of driving around these amazing tracks in your own car.
Latest information can now be found here.
· A full or half day program delivered at one of our Tasmanian Venues
· Designed for newcomers and in-experienced drivers looking to gain the skills and confidence to operate off road. More experienced drivers will also enjoy the course and get to gain some tips from our experienced trainer(s).
Covers operation in a variety of terrain, safe use of recovery equipment and plenty of practice with a qualified – professional trainer.
Please check our facebook page for the latest dates/pricing or contact us.